From IRS Ne11ws: IR-2016-68, April 28, 2016
WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service is marking National Small Business Week, May 1 to 7, by encouraging small business owners and self-employed individuals to check out several products to help them understand and meet their tax obligations.
The products include a series of educational webinars to help them not only be tax compliant, but also to help their businesses thrive. The webinars start at 2 p.m. Eastern (11 a.m., Pacific; noon, Mountain; 1 p.m., Central). Each webinar topic has a tax tip or fact sheet with more information:
- Tax Tips for your New Business, May 2
Register at https://www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/445/14468
IRS Tax Tips for Starting a Business
- Staying Afloat: Planning for Emergencies Before they Happen, May 3
Register at https://www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/445/14492
Look to the IRS for Tax Help in the Event of a Disaster
- Worker Classification: Employee or Independent Contractor? (in Spanish), May 4
Register at https://www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/445/14546
Payments to Independent Contractors
- Tip Reporting and Tips vs. Service Charges, May 5
Register at https://www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/445/14436
Tips Versus Services Charges: How to Report
Other Small Business Products
The IRS video portal contains video and audio presentations on a variety of topics of interest to small businesses.
- The IRS YouTube video channelalso offers videos for small businesses including:
- IRS Tax Calendar
- Audits by Mail – What to Do?
- Simplified Home Office Deduction
- The Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Centeris a complete online resource featuring links to a variety of useful tools, including Small Business Taxes: The Virtual Workshop, a downloadable tax calendar and common forms and their instructions. The Center provides help on everything from how to get an Employer Identification Number online to how to engage with the IRS during an audit.
- The Self-Employed Individuals Tax Centeris for sole proprietors and others who are in business for themselves. This site has many useful tips and references to the tax rules that a self-employed person may need to know.
- The Online Learning and Educational Productspage has tools to help taxpayers learn about taxes on their own time, and at their own pace. For example, the IRS Tax Calendar for Businesses and Self-Employed has important tax dates for businesses. Download the Calendar Connector tool to get the dates even when offline.
- e-News for Small Businessesis a free electronic mail service providing tax information for small business owners and self-employed individuals.
- SSA/IRS Reporteris a quarterly, online-only publication for businesses, payroll professionals and others who deal with payroll taxes and employee issues.
- Do some or all of your employees lack access to a retirement savings plan? You can help them get started saving for retirement with myRA, a simple, safe and affordable retirement savings option from the U.S. Treasury. Learn more here: https://myra.gov/employers/
1 thought on “IRS Offers Webinars for Small Business Week”
Hope you wont mind me taking a few of the thoughts from this informative article somewhere else?
I guarantee full credit. This may be the very first time that I wanted to do something similar to that after great stuff from
https://www.facebook.com/essayprocom/reviews/. Thank advance and you, and maintain your spirits upward!